How to reach Varzaneh?
– It is easy to reach Varzaneh from Isfahan. From the Bus Terminal located in Jey Street (Terminal Jey on Google Maps), you can take a bus/minibus to Varzaneh. For more information, ask to the staff in the bus terminal. You don’t have to buy a ticket, just get on the bus and pay when you get off. The ticket should be 50/000 IR Rials, including luggage service. The journey takes about 1 hour and 40 minutes and usually the bus service runs every one or two hours as the driver wait till the bus fills up with passengers.
You can show the driver following sentence in Persian, and he will stop almost in front of our guesthouse (to get in just follow the signs) or simply ask him for Negaar hotel:
رانندهی محترم، لطفا در محل ترمینال قدیمی ورزنه جلو رباط عباسی، برای اقامتگاه سنتی نگار توقف کنید.
– If you prefer, we can order a taxi from your hotel; the cost is 550/000 Rials.
– There are no direct buses from Yazd to Varzaneh, but you can catch one of the many going to Isfahan and ask the driver to be dropped off in Na’in, more precisely at “Falake Esfahan” Square (فلکه اصفهان), from where you can catch a taxi to Varzaneh.
Unfortunately, there is no bus service between Nahin and Varzaneh. In order not to be overcharged for the taxi, you can let us know your estimated arrival time and we will send one to pick you up in Na’in (400/000 IR Rials, 10 Euro).
If you do not have an Iranian number or access to a public phone to make a phone call, write down our number and show it to the bus driver, asking him to call us.
– Take a bus bound to Yazd and ask the driver to be dropped off in Na’in, more precisely at “Falake Esfahan” Square (فلکه اصفهان), from where you can catch a taxi to Varzaneh.
Unfortunately, there is no bus service between Nain and Varzaneh. In order not to be overcharged for the taxi, you can let us know your estimated arrival time and we will send one to pick you up in Na’in (400/000 IR Rials, 10 Euro).
If you do not have an Iranian number or access to a public phone to make a phone call, write down our number and show it to your bus driver asking him to call us.
– In case you do not want to take the bus, we can order a taxi from Kashan to Varzaneh, with a stop in Abyaneh (a beautiful village close to Kashan) and another in Na’in. We can arrange this taxi journey for 50 US$ – 45€. It’s actually a good idea because to visit Abyaneh you will need to catch a taxi.
How can I go to other cities from the guest house?
The morning buses leave at 6 :00am 7:00am 8:00am and 10:00am. The afternoon bus leave at 2 :00pm; the price is 50.000 Rials.
The other option is a taxi, which will cost 550/000 per car. If you’re travelling alone, you can share the ride with other fellow travelers going in the same direction in order to split the cost of the cab.
Unfortunately, there are no direct buses from Varzaneh to Yazd, but there is a bus service from Nahin to Yazd. From the guesthouse, you can take a taxi to Nahin (450/000 Rials, around 11 Euros); once there, the bus leaves every 20 minutes to Yazd.
From Varzaneh to Yazd it takes about 3 hours and 45 minutes in total and costs around 100000 IRR (2.5 Euros).
Another option is to take a taxi from Varzaneh to Yazd, which will cost around 37 Euro. The journey takes approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes and you will have the possibility to stop at one place of interest along the way, one of these called Meybod-halfway between Varzaneh and Yazd.
We can provide a private taxi to Shiraz. It costs 3/000/000 Rials and you will have the chance to visit Naghsh-e Rostam, Pasargad and other beautiful sites along the way.
Otherwise you can always reach first Isfahan and then use the daily bus to Shiraz.
How far are the natural or historical attractions from the town?
Need more information?
There is a detailed description of Varzaneh and its surroundings in Wikitravel, written by the guest house owner. Feel welcome to read the full article here: http://wikitravel.org/en/Varzaneh and available in several languages.
Upon request, we can help to organize your overnight stay in the desert, even if we do not recommend it, due to the presence of poisonous scorpions and the lack of toilet facilities. Since the guesthouse is just 10 minutes away by cab from the dunes, the best and safest option for a night experience is to have dinner there while watching the stars and snooze back at the guesthouse (we can arrange a taxi to pick you up at any time you wish). So basically, our suggestion is to spend some time in the dune during the evening but come back to the guest house to enjoy a comfortable and safe sleep.
We’re sorry to say we do not allow pets in our guest house.
It’s allowed to smoke in the courtyard of the house. However, we would be thankful if you don’t smoke inside the guesthouse.
Yes, of course. Wi-Fi is one of the free facilities we provide with accommodation. We have our own private wireless network in the building which is available in all of the bedrooms. We will provide the password while you’re checking in.
In the excursion we can do a lot of different activities. We can provide : picnic, barbecue, sandboarding, stargazing, camelriding, quad, wildlife tours and swimming.
Varzaneh offer a wide range of things to see and do. You can explore the beautiful landscapes from the sand dunes of the desert to large salt lake and even hike a asleep volcano. Meanwhile, Varzaneh will surprise you with authentic traditional places. Therefore, Mohammad the owner of Negaar(Negar) Guest House, will help you to organize some tours for surrounding spots. At the end, we consider the identity of the guest house as a place offering accommodation, rather than a place organizing tours. But, we have been organizing successfully various tours for nature around, and will happily do so again.
The guest house offers a fast laundry service. For less than 4 kilos the price is 100.000 IRR (2€)
Yes, we provide a wide range of local vegetarian food.
We prepare authentic home cooked food on a daily basis; some of the dishes we offer are such traditional ones that are hard to find even in local restaurants. If you are tired of eating kebab and you are keen to try the genuine Iranian cuisine… You are in the right place then!
We do not have a currency exchange office in Varzaneh, thus we would much appreciate if you could pay in Rials. At the guesthouse we can exchange US$ and Euros (the exchange rate may vary). If for any reason you still prefer to pay in US$ or Euros, you will be charged 2 extra US$ (or Euros) at the end of your stay.